At the Oaks Vet, we are excited to work with you to foster a long and healthy relationship between you and your pet. We can meet all of your general practice needs and, when needed, we are there to provide the diagnostic and treatment options you need to make informed decisions about your pet's health. Our 24 hour staffing structure and open door policy provides you with access to your clinician when it counts and ensures continuity of care for all situations.
Our general practice can be described as “client centered”, meaning, your veterinarian takes the time to educate you about the issues at hand and the long/short term plan for dealing with them. Our appointments are booked for a minimum of 45 minutes so that we can slow down and identify your concerns and questions. We believe that there are many different approaches to structuring a healthy preventative plan for your pet and therefore, an individually tailored, well thought out fit should be sought after.
Preventative medicine and general health care are very important aspects of your pet’s well-being, and our veterinarians strive to provide your furry friends with the tools required to live a long, happy life.
- Annual wellness appointments and new puppy/kitten exams
- Parasite Control & Prevention
- Elective Surgical Procedures: Spays, neuters and feline de-clawing
- Exotic Pets
- Senior Pet Care
- House Calls Available by Appointment
- Travel Health and Consultations
- Dental Health
- Our facility offers both prophylactic teeth cleaning and therapeutic dental extraction (for infected or broken teeth) for cats, dogs, and exotic animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, etc).
- End-of-life Services
- Euthanasia services are available at any time at our facility by appointment. Our veterinarians can provide counsel regarding timing and procedure of euthanasia to help guide your choice.
- After your pet is humanely euthanized, or if they should pass away at home, we offer cremation services for your pet’s remains. Our helpful staff is always happy to help answer questions regarding euthanasia or cremation.
- At home euthanasia is available by appointment.
- Microchipping & City of Moncton Dog Licenses
- We perform microchip implants on dogs and cats of all ages. Microchips are very small identification transponders with a unique identification number. They are implanted under the skin between the pet’s shoulder blades and are a permanent and tamper proof method of identification that cannot be lost. We will then submit the forms on your behalf to the microchip agency. Microchips are read with a microchip scanner, which most vet hospitals and essentially all animal shelters have access to. If you move or change your contact information, you can update your pet’s microchip information easily online. If your pet is lost and recovered, this information is used to reunite you with your pet.
- City of Moncton dog licenses are conveniently available to purchase at our front desk.
We are always happy to see your pet for any health concern that you have. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions!