We are currently seeking skilled and dedicated Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our progressive team. If you are quick-thinking, passionate about animal care, and looking for an exciting career in veterinary medicine, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Intake and care of patients
- Develop strong relationships with all clients
- Provide superior client/patient care at all times
- Discuss and council clients on general health, preventative medicine & nutrition
- Reception duties, including clinic software and POS system
- Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery and all other procedures
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of Veterinarians
- Collect samples and perform in-house laboratory diagnostics
- Kennel care (animal care and cleaning)
- Other duties as requested by Veterinarians
- Assist in X-Rays, ultrasounds, CT, and endoscopy
- Able to work without supervision, but much inspiration
- Discharge patients and instruct clients on at home management of medical conditions
- Successful completion of Veterinary Technician course
- Excellent communication and organizational skills particularly with respect to dealing with clients
- Contributing to an efficient and satisfying workplace required
- Effective in multi-tasking (prioritizing and accomplishing tasks)
- Motivation, willingness to learn, and team oriented spirit
- Flexibility in scheduling availability is required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Bilingualism is an asset
We offer a safe and high quality working environment in an up-to-date professional facility. As part of our team, you will be treated with respect and fairness. We are committed to providing competitive compensation, medical/dental benefits along with paid time off. We are committed to assisting with personal growth and professional enhancement for all employees; continuing education options are available for all team members.
This is a full time position located in Moncton, N.B. Should you wish to apply in strict confidence, please e-mail your resume and cover letter indicating your reasons for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oaks Vet is a privately owned, multidisciplinary referral emergency hospital located in Moncton, N.B. We offer a multitude of veterinary services aimed to maximize the quantity and quality of animal’s lives, including preventative, medical, surgical, and dental veterinary care. With an in-house pharmacy and 24/7 access to staff veterinarians, our facility offers a one stop for your pet’s health and medical care.
Our facility is equipped to work with complex orthopedic and soft tissue surgeries, major medical conditions, emergency care and general practice. Our intensive care unit is fully equipped and staffed to manage the most complex critically ill patients. Our goal at The Oaks Vet has always been to assemble a veterinary health care team committed to providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care. The Oaks Vet team displays an unrivaled commitment to our clients through continuing education, technological advances in veterinary medicine and service, and most importantly, administrating compassionate care to all pets entrusted to us. Our referral case load encompasses patients from all areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.